24 Sept 2013

DIARY: HAIM LIVE AT iTUNES FESTIVAL 2013



Thanks again to YPlan, I found myself spontaneously going to the Roundhouse on Saturday night to see HAIM headline the iTunes Festival. And what a night. HAIM are fucking legends, they rocked the shit out of the place and I was so so impressed, loved every minute of it. Wild, pumped and cool, they're just three LA sisters who clearly live for (and die for) music. Whether it's the family thing or not I don't know, but their chemistry was undeniable, they were so connected together in energy and in rhythm, I was actually blown away. (I'm aware of the quantity of big statements here but none are exaggerations – at all.) It was right up there with the most enjoyable gigs I've ever been to.

The trio's debut album "Days Are Gone" comes out next week and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. There's been plenty of fuel in the meantime with EPs and singles scattered over the past 12 months, and I can't help but feel this album is going to be a spectacular showcase of musical nous. Rockstar guitars, ridiculous percussion battles and feisty vocals, rounded with warm synths is what to expect. HAIM are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment